Often we get asked how to setup Outlook to our dedicated email customers. Lucky for you it is actually very simple!
The most important details to get correct are:
Email & Username field is always: firstname.lastname@example.org
Incoming / outgoing servers are: mail.scocomputers.co.uk
Password: The password given by your administrator for that particular account
We are giving you an example on Outlook 2010 today, clients do vary but these instructions should help on the entire series.
1) Open Outlook 2010, continue to the next stage
2) Select ‘Yes’ to continue
3) Select ‘Manual configure server settings or additional types’
4) Select ‘Internet E-mail’
5) This is the configuration screen. We recommend using IMAP over POP.
Your name should be how you want your emails to come out as, usually a persons name or a company name.
Username is always full email address.
Our mail server address is mail.scocomputers.co.uk.
6) Before you continue, select ‘More Settings’ and then find your way to ‘Outgoing Server’
Make sure ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’ is selected.
7) Select ‘Advanced’ and ensure encrypted connection is set with ‘Auto’
8) Select ‘Next’ this should complete the process.
If there are no errors and the account has been added successfully, you will see the following message:
Any problems please contact support.